2010, here I come!
I am super excited to race this year. Last year’s triathlon season, my first attempt at tri, was a blast, and even though I only did three races, it was like a party every time. Who’da thought exercising for 11 1/2 hours would be fun? Uhh… this girl. Racing in 2009 brought me some incredibly great gifts:
- a new sport (or three sports, I guess I should say)
- a marathon PR (3:19 at Columbus, five weeks after IMoo)
- a new team
- a new outlook on racing
- a new set of goals
But, in order to reach my goals (see bel0w), I need to build myself stronger than before. The next few months for me will include some major BUILD periods where I throw down major hours with an elevated heart rate. I’m investing in tools that will get me there (CycleOps powermeter, road bike, music for the trainer/treadmill!). I’m even going to start keeping a more robust training log! I will get there.
So without further adieu, I give you my 2010 goals!
- Another marathon PR (shooting for 3:10)
- My first ultra (I think this is the typical endurance-junkie’s next-step, but I seriously want to do one and want to do one well!) – Voyageur 50mile
- Break 11hours in the long course tri (Rev3 Cedar Point!)
- Break 4:45 in the half iron tri (many opportunities too, including Rev3 races in Knoxville and Quassy)
- Race my first road crit!
- Mountain bike more – and race (and stop being so afraid of falling with clipless pedals!)
- Be a successful race director for the Kuparisaari Tri
- Be a supportive teammate, partner, and friend!
- and of course… Have fun!
So, join me at some races this summer. Tri, running, biking- whatever! I’ve posted my tentative schedule on the right. You can use my code (trakkers118) to get $10 off Rev3 registration fee for any (or all three!) Rev3 events. I’ll be there with bells on … or at least a bell in hand!